Thursday, May 5, 2011

Article "Confidence tricks" - Week 1 Reflection

        When I started reading the article I felt really relieved to know that teachers often face the same problems and that the sucessfull ones just have been able to find ways to move on.
        The article confirmed a lot of things I believed. For example, it points out that to gain confidence professionals must believe in their own ability and have a lot of practice and training. Also, that preparing well for each lesson and having interesting and enjoyable lessons are very important aspects to help learners and teachers become confident.
        Something I totally agreed and I wished to share with my colleagues was that believing in the students can make teachers feel more confident about their lessons and consequently motivates students to participate.
        Finally, the two things I want to remember about this article are: we should find out more about our students and focus on what they say and do.
        I loved the quote: "If they are good teachers, they will continue to learn from their students whenever they go into the classroom".

3 comments:

  1. Hi Táila,

    Congratulations! You have done a great job creating your blog and expressing your understanding of the the article. As you know I love quotations and this one you have mentioned is simply awesome.
    Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Táila
    You say that teachers face basically the same problems and I can’t agree more. This reminds me of what I just read from Dennis Prager, “It is difficult to overstate how much stress can be reduced when people learn that their problems are shared by others". I hope that through TTC we will all be able to share not only problems, but above all interesting and innovative solutions to them.
    Márcia Ferreira
    P.S. Speaking of problems, this is the second time I comment on your first reading log.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Táila,
    I loved you comment on how we should keep focus on our students to, at the same time, keep focus on what is really important and not in our insecurities.

    ReplyDelete